It is funny and adorable and best of all, she also teaches fifth grade! "Big kid" blogs are hard to come by and I am glad I found hers!
The goal of the award is to spotlight up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules are:
- copy and paste the award on your blog
- thank the giver and link back to them
- reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
- hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers
1. Cardigans and Curriculum - Casey is fabulous fifth grade teacher (love it!) with great, practical ideas for older kiddos that could easily be modified for younger kids. I love checking out her anchor charts! I'm also pretty sure that we could be friends in real life.
2. My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher - Lindsay is another fab fifth grade teacher! She does some pretty great stuff with her kiddos including trash picking and dressing up to improve her students' reading and writing. It would be so much fun to teach with Lindsay.
3. Life is Better Messy Anyway! - I love reading Jordan's blog for many reasons, but I really love that it combines two of my favorite things.. cooking and teaching. Jordan teaches fifth grade (say it ain't so!) and I love seeing the great things she does with her kiddos like this outer space activity. Anything that involves toilet paper AND cookies is a total win/win for fifth graders; I can't wait to try it with my kids.
4. Finding JOY in 6th Grade - Can I just say how much I love Kim?! She is a frequent visitor to my blog and always has something lovely and encouraging to say. Kim teaches sixth grade and has loads of activities that are perfect for the upper elementary grades. I always love reading Kim's blog & I'm sure you will, too!
5. Fast Times of a Middle School Math Teacher - Liz is a middle school math teacher and I just discovered her blog. Not only do I love finding upper elementary blogs but I love finding math & science middle school blogs because they are the minority in blogland. Liz just posted a great mind mapping activity that I can't wait to try and I am totally stealing her group names idea.
It was hard to pick just five but many others already have over 200 followers. Check these girls out; you won't be sorry!