Here are the rules:
1. Copy and paste the image below to your post & link it to the party.
2. Make sure you include both personal and professional goals.
3. No more than 3-5 goals for each.
In the past, resolutions have never been my thing. I hardly ever make them and when I do, I don't keep them. Isn't that how it's supposed to go, though? Anyhow, I'm just not a fan. First off, the time to make a serious goal and stick to it should not be after a week of
being a total sloth relaxing during break. It should also not be when there are layers of clothes to cover up in, when it's pitch black when I leave for work and come home making me not want to do anything except be on the couch with my laptop/Nook, or when there are marathons of Teen Mom, Real Housewives, or Jersey Shore on.
However, this year, Mrs. Zrihen will be keeping me accountable and finding a way to check in on me monthly. That makes me a little nervous so I'm going to try to be serious.
Here are my resolutions:
- Continue to work with my small group from church to read and better understand the bible so that I can be a better Christian.
- Finalize the last of my wedding planning and take a deep breath. It will all get done and the end result is that I will be promoted to Mrs. P in April :)
- GET HEALTHY! I don't just want to lose weight. I want to eat better and move more. I want to try Zumba and figure out some other ways to work out without wanting to poke my eye out. (While this is a totally popular resolution, I've never made it before)
- Focus on making my blog(s) better. Both have been neglected and considering how much I learn from my blog friends, I need to keep up with this thing!
- Start math groups. I used to do small groups during math but it is SO hard with only one teacher for four groups. My kids' abilities are so spread out this year that I have to level their work in some way. I need something that isn't going to make me crazy so please send any and all math group ideas this way!!
- Complete 4-5 more graduate courses by the end of 2012. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed to finish my Master's ASAP!
- Work smarter, not harder! I have to focus on my wedding, my soon-to-be husband, and my personal life by spending less time working on "school stuff". Sometimes, whatever isn't done at the end of the day will just have to wait until tomorrow.
- Be more positive at work. Let's just say that, with the exception of the kids, the environment I work in is not the most desirable. I need to find a way to brush it off and focus on me and what I do with the kiddos.
Happy (almost) 2012!